The Naked Emperor

14 June 2008

A Saturday Night Treat

Well, if you've been keeping up with the surgery saga, all is well. But I've been housebound since Tuesday. The knee is feeling better than it did before the scope, but I'm still a bit leery of doing too much. Hell, I haven't even seen the PT yet.

And I've been behaving myself. Thenakedempress hasn't grabbed a weapon or my Vicodin, or even threatened to.

So it was time to reward her, and myself, and break my confinement.

So we went out to supper at La Carreta's in Amite.

(Click on pics to enlarge)


They have always had good food, and decent service.

But that wasn't the only reason. It was a pleasant summer evening, and we would dine outside. Why? Because Greg Hayden was playing on the patio.




While Greg does mostly original music, he does do the occasional cover. A Van Morrison, one Allman Bros. and a folk song I've only heard from Greg. And while Greg really seems to enjoy playing "Folsom Prison Blues", one of his younger fans couldn't help but dance to the Eagles "Peaceful Easy Feeling".



They also played most of their best, including "Leave It All Behind " from their "Directions" CD, and "Click Your Heels" from the upcoming CD. "Click Your Heels" is such an engaging song that I think I can now sing, well, mutilate the chorus along with the band, even though I've only heard it a couple of times. Sadly, I didn't get to hear one of my favorites, "Dignity".


Gradually the sun set. Good food, good company, and good music. That equals a great evening.

I strongly encourage you to get his CD, or, even better, go see Greg and the boys sometime.

The Naked Emperor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home