The Naked Emperor

10 June 2008

After the Cut

Well, obviously, I survived.

And they also cut the right, er, CORRECT leg.

I just got home, and the wife is fixing me a big breakfast to make up for the one I missed today. Not bad. Six hours from admit to home. And the Orthopod said it all went well. Damn, my speller circuit and my typer circuit are REALLY off today.

Some observations.

They make you shave your own leg. Never done that before. And they have a TINY clipper with changeable blades to use. Might need to find one for the housecall practice.

They didn't seem to take offense at the "CUT HERE" and "NOT HERE!" above the appropriate knees.

I did get concerned when the gas passer was talking about "putting you to sleep". I had to explain that "putting to sleep" means a WHOLE OTHER Thing to a Vet. He then was a bit more precise in his verbiage. I was very relieved.

Now, I get to endure enforced immobility for a while, followed by medical torture.

But on the good side I get Jello. I like Jello.

It's cute, wiggly, you can't nail it down, there's really not much to it, and it melts if you raise the heat. Kind of like Obama.

And like Jello, Obama too will pass.

Damn, I'm pretty conciliatory today. Must be the drugs.

Now that we've eaten, thenakedempress will re-ice my knee, and then go out to pick up dessert.

And what would that be?

Yup. Vicodin. Delicious, nutritious, and makes Presidential races MUCH more tolerable.

I drink rarely, so I've never been able to "drunk-blog" a debate or suchlike. But now I'll be on Vicodin.

Does anybody know of an event in the next few days that I could "loaded blog"?

Oh, another down side. I can't take a shower until Friday. I've always aspired to be a dirty old man, but I didn't mean LITERALLY. If you send flowers, I just might make them wither and die by Friday.

Well, time to hobble outside for a smoke.

Back later,

The Naked Emperor

2 Comments:

At June 10, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

1. Stop smoking

2. Quit hobbling outside

3. Take LOTS of Vicodan (because I can't due to that whole "let's break out in hives and have an allergic reaction" thing)

4. Blog about silly things, like how the whole world is going to go up in smoke and we need to build our arsenals

5. Go post more on BayouShooter.com

6. And by the way... we're getting chocolate cheesecake our next weekend on. I got an email back :)

 
At June 10, 2008 at 9:53 PM, Blogger .....CLIFFORD said...

Damn, bro. I didn't know you were going to get a nip-n-tuck on your knee.

Glad it went well. Hope you don't die. (I owed you that one....!) And keep taking those drugs - they do work well:

"But on the good side I get Jello. I like Jello.

It's cute, wiggly, you can't nail it down, there's really not much to it, and it melts if you raise the heat. Kind of like Obama."


That one was truly LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home