The Naked Emperor

02 June 2008

Personal Update

Well, I just haven't had much to say for a few months, or time to pay too much attention to the news.

So far the new practice is going well. I've been doing a lot of promotional things, and thenakedempress has compared me with Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. In the last two weeks I've been interviewed on the radio once, been interviewed for a column, held a Grand Opening with the Mayor of Hammond, which was also in the paper, and featured in a newsletter.

I guess I'm growing into a media whore. I just need some catchy slogans. How about "If your dog has a loose def-e-cate, you forgot to vac-ci-nate!"

I'm still very new to business. Some days, medicine seems easy compared to running a business. Lawyers, accountants, suppliers, licensing, marketing, networking. I'm still treading in these waters, but am learning how to swim here.

Since I last wrote, I brought home my 15 year old clinic cat, and had to euthanize him for renal failure. I've blown out my knee, and will be scoped on the 10th of June. Maybe I'll blog more with forced recovery from that. Thenakedempress has been exercising and has lost 40 pounds. I'm very proud of that.

I've also become rather active in my community now that my professional life is here too. I'm very active in 3 Chambers of Commerce, and on the Team City Committee for one community.

Does this make me a "community activist" like Mr. Obama? If so, then why haven't I been able to get wealthy off it like he did?

I've also been getting more into local music. Right now, in the Amite area there are three acts I highly recommend.

Will Vance, who just returned from Nashville is very talented and can create great lyrics on the spot. Will can be found here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=134056518

Chris Grey, who I don't know and don't know much about. He's a former sailor on the Battleship Missouri, and really knows how to get the audience into the act. He does covers, but has a lot of damn good original music. Try "Red White and Blue", you'll probably like it. I need to go see him more. He's at www.chrisgrey.com


And last, but certainly not least, is The Greg Hayden Band. I've known Greg a while. He's got a good voice and is a very talented lyricist. His song "Dignity" is very moving and defiant. I hear he has another CD coming out in the fall. In the band is a rather young man named Damien who does the backup vocals. I sure hope he decides to sing professionally, he'll go very far. Find him at www.greghaydenmusic.com

Again, I apologize for the hiatus. I guess I got so disappointed in our choices for President this year that I just tuned out for a while. Now, I think I'm just pissed off enough to take up the keyboard again. I hope I'm more regular in the future.

The Naked Emperor

1 Comments:

At June 2, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Took you long enough

 

Post a Comment

<< Home