The Naked Emperor

29 January 2008

Realizations

Things are being realized.

The new prectice website is up, and in the process of being modified to suit a housecall practice, and my philsophy specifically.

We've also picked a new logo. It's a pre-made minimalist line drawing of a dog and cat, one that reminds me of the old 7 line caricature of Alfred Hitchcock. Now that the site is up and confirmed, I can call in the address tomorrow, so we can hopefully get the new card and magnet design to the printers before close of business.

My dreams and plans are being realized.

I've also realized something else.

As the primary season continues, it suddenly dawned on me: Holy Crap, one of these bozos will be the next leader of my nation. It's too late for any other choices to appear.

I've also realized that I've been ruined by decades of Mac driving. Life, and politics, have no "undo" button. Oh poop.

But with the practice restructuring going on, and one other big obligation, I've also realized that I've got too much on my plate to let the news and politics bother me.

And what is this other big thing?

I'm a riding officer in the oldest continuously parading night krewe in Mardi Gras.

That means a big, elegant dinner in New Orleans tomorrow night, and the ball rehersal and then the ball taking up all day Thursday. We have lunch down there Friday, on a balcony on Bourbon Street, then a walking parade through the Quarter, then the actual parade downtown.

Quite frankly, I realized the latest HilAck McHuckNey crap just can't compare.

Laissez les bon temps roullet!

Les Naked Emperor

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your readers are bored. Post something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home